Navigate the Sustainability Currents. We’re Taking Care of Business.
Food Packaging Manufacturer Met Sustainability Requirements of Global Fast Food Company
A packaging manufacturer desired to do business with a fast food company that requires suppliers to meet its sustainability program requirements.
The packaging company sought our assistance in designing a water management system that would meet the sustainability requirements. The goals were to reduce water and chemical consumption.
Earthwise Environmental specified reverse osmosis treatment for both the cooling tower and boiler systems. By removing supply water impurities, each system was able to cycle (concentrate) to levels that allowed for reduction in water, energy and chemicals. Plus, we replaced drummed liquids with solids packaged in cardboard cartons.
- $145,000 in water savings per year
- 61,000 pounds of hazardous chemistry eliminated per year
- $68,000 annual reduction in treatment costs
- Sustainability innovation recognized by global fast food company
Packaged Meat Manufacturer Met Sustainability Requirements of Global Retailer — Under Challenging Conditions
A packaged meat manufacturer is a major supplier to a global retailer. The retailer requires that key vendors meet its water sustainability program requirements.
The packaged meat manufacturer is located in a drought-stricken area; the city’s water quality and inconsistency caused production loss, product waste, increased chemical consumption, failed heat exchanger and increased spice usage. The company asked Earthwise Environmental to help it meet the retailer’s requirements.
We re-engineered plant water with a reverse osmosis program and water blending. Heat exchangers were optimized; boiler water treatment chemistry was reduced; makeup water for sanitization was reduced; spice usage was reduced; and product loss was reduced.
- $750,000 annual reduction in product waste, energy consumption and recurring capital expenditure
- $30,000 saved by avoiding boiler re-tubing
- increase in plant productivity
- 2.5-year payback on capital equipment
- Consistent productivity; reduced unscheduled downtime