Legionella in Your Building Water System
Per Guidelines from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), facilities are at risk for Legionella growth and exposure if they contain:
- Central Domestic Hot Water Systems
- Cooling Towers
- Decorative Fountains
- Hot Tubs
- Humidifiers, misters, atomizers, or air washers
- Tenants over the age of 65 or tenants with compromised immune systems
If your facility contains one or more of the above characteristics outlined by the CDC, a Water Management Program (WMP) is the recommended next step. Your WMP should comply with ANSI/ASHRAE 188-2018 Standard for Mitigating Risk of Legionellosis in Building Water Systems.
Don’t Wait for an Outbreak
Legionella infections can cost millions of dollars in remediation and lawsuits; plus, negative media attention and reduced confidence from your employees and the public. Mitigate the risk of Legionella in your facility with an Earthwise Water Management Program compliant with ANSI/ASHRAE 188-2018 Standards.
Earthwise writes custom water management programs to suit your individual needs in:
With an Earthwise WMP, you receive consultation in best practices for water hygiene, including Legionella water testing and treatment from one of our specialists. Our Water Hygiene Division is a team of Certified Water Technologists, Certified Water Operators and ASSE/ANSI Certified Legionella Water Safety and Management Personnel that specialize in the mitigation of water issues in your building’s systems.
The ASSE/ANSI Certification for Legionella Water Safety and Management Personnel, new in 2020, is the first of it’s kind, ensuring that personnel responsible for Legionellosis risk management in building water systems and Legionella treatment in water are trained in the basics of water hygiene and pathogen control.
Our Legionella Specialists will provide:
- A Full Building Profile containing water system flow diagram and identification of building hazards
- Development of customized control measures to mitigate identified risks in the facility
- Verification and validation procedures to ensure control measures are effective
- Ongoing program management and consultation to ensure program success
- Attendance at all necessary meetings to provide consultation and interpretation of incidents
- Legionella culture testing utilizing independent third-party CDC-ELITE Certified Laboratories
- Assistance with interpretation of local/state/federal regulations and communication with regulators
- Custom solutions for mitigation techniques including:
Sometimes, despite best efforts and practices, Legionella outbreaks happen. When your facility is affected, you need a Legionella emergency response team qualified to help you navigate the tough times ahead. Dealing with health department inquiries, negative media attention, and the loss of trust of your clientele add to the stress and sadness of the legionella outbreak itself.
Earthwise Legionella specialists from our Water Hygiene Division will arrive on-site within 24 hours of request of remediation response to a positive Legionella result or a Legionella infection in the facility. Our uniquely qualified team will use their training and experience to help you:
- Review your WMP, verification logs and legionella tests that validate your program.
- Identify the source of contamination
- Take immediate corrective action on problems found in a building system survey
- Respond to public health inquiry
- Consult on program changes, staff training and protocol to reduce future risks
Our team’s rapid and professional legionella outbreak response will help you weather the storm. Read here for an example of our emergency response experience.
Subject Matter Experts
The experience and credentials of our Legionella Water Safety and Management Personnel provides invaluable help in navigating public health investigations of legionella outbreaks and their aftermath. Whether you're in the midst of a current outbreak or dealing with the legal aftermath, our subject matter experts are here to help. They will review WMPs and documentation and provide expert testimony as required.
Mitigate Your Legionella Risk